Surely you want the best, talented, and the most professional employees working for your company. It’s not as hard as you think! There are 3 essential things you need to focus on to attract better talent to work for your company
- Where you are looking for talent
- Your business and how it compares to the competition
- The traits potential employees possess
First, you need to make your company stand out. Every employer is looking to attract better talent and hire the most professional employees just like you. This is the time where you promote your company in every way you can so that job seekers know who you are. There are many ways you can promote your company — even if you are not one the biggest businesses out there. Some ways you can promote your business are:
How You Find the Talent
Promote Job Opportunities
Promotions includes newspaper ads, social media sites, and advertising platforms. Also, alternative promotion tools include billboards, videos, and flyers. Professional networking sites such as LinkedIn.com can help you find better talent and professional workers. Media platforms allow you to review potential employees’ job history and helps refine the search for job seekers.
Use A Personalized Website to Attract Better Talent
Personal websites are efficient tools to obtain information from employees. By creating a company website makes it easy share information and is useful to job seekers. Include an area or a page on the site where people can apply for a job. Ability for people to apply online helps you easily get the information you are looking for from prospective employees.
Hire Recruitment Advisers
Working with Recruiters can make the search for employees a little easier on busy business professionals. Allow a middle man to do the work of finding better talent for you. Recruiters can match you with the employees you are looking for which can bring ease and accuracy to the search for employees.
Connect With Local Colleges and Universities
Lastly, connecting with local colleges or universities can be a huge advantage when looking to attract better talent. A recent article by Small Business discusses how fresh professionals with bright ideas and a strong work ethic are good possible employees. There are different ways you can connect and engage with college students who are looking for employement
Utilizing technology is a smart way to interact with new college graduates. An articles on Jobvite talks about how most young adults search for jobs via their smartphones on the internet, social media networks, and job search engines. Making your company’s website is mobile friendly and ensuring the application process on a mobile device is easy can increase your chances of interacting and capturing college graduates looking for employment.
Participate In Recruitment Fairs
Recruitment fairs are huge opportunities to connect with college students. Employers are given the opportunity to set up an information booth, and interact with college students who are planning for future employment. It is key to make sure students know you’re there! Start promoting the event early and use platforms such as social media to reach students. University recruitment fairs are hectic days for college students and recruiters but in the end, these events can bring your business just the right employees you are looking for.
The internet is making it easy to connect and inform new college graduates of job opportunities. Local university job fairs are also key for employers who are looking for new employees. Using these strategies are for sure ways to find fresh, new talented employees.
Make your Company Stand Out
After your company name is out there it is time to let people know why this company is the ideal place for them. Here are some tips The Balance provides to attract better talent and and reasons why job seekers would want to work for you!
Salary is not always the biggest concern, but it definitely is a deciding factor for many employees. If you want to keep up with the competition, track other companies to see what they offer. Then try to match or exceed their amount. Ultimately, this ensures salary cannot influence a job seeker’s decision. In fact, make the offer better than the competition’s.
Upgrade Employee Benefits Package to Attract Better Talent
Secondly, another huge deciding factor for job seekers is Employee Benefits. In addition to money, employees want to know their benefits and how one company can provide much more for them than a competitor. To assure you have the best employee benefits is to be creative and include perks in the benefits you offer. In conclusion, benefits like a paid gym membership and increased paid time off are excellent ways to catch talented employees.
Lastly, a major concern of employees is wondering how they can advance or possibly be promoted within a company. Employers that invest in employee development prepare workers for future promotions. Therefore, companies who offer employee development attract a large amount of talented employees who are ready to learn and advance in their career. So, if you are looking for talented employees consider development and training. Given these points, including perks within the employee benefits package you offer is a for sure way to attract and retain talented workers.
Essentially: MAKE THEM AN OFFER THEY CANNOT REFUSE.
Above all, the highest salary, the best benefits, and the possibility for promotion are all major aspects employees search for!
Characteristics of Talented Employees
In order to make sure you are hiring the best workers is to focus on an employee’s personality.
Some key traits mentioned in an article by Chase which are key to look for in new employees are:
- Good Communication Skills — It is key that employees are have the ability to communicate effectively with one another. This includes listening and absorbing information from others. Also it is crucial to communicate personal thoughts.
- Positive Attitude — In fact attitude and emotions are contagious! You want to have positive, upbeat employees within the office. One negative attitude is contagious to the rest of the employees.
- Open to Feedback — To be able to take constructive criticism is crucial. Good employees can grow from it. Truly, this is a great trait found in many successful employees
- Resourcefulness — The ability to interpret and use knowledge is a great skill. Using facts, ideas, and data to solve problems is an excellent skill employees are able to bring to a company.
- Flexibility — Employees who are capable of adjusting to new situations and circumstances have great potential for promotion in the future.
- Strong Work Ethic — Job seekers with strong work ethic show skills such as:
These skills often indicate someone is ready for professional employment
- A Yearning for learning — In this case, a good learner is key. The skill to learn new concepts quickly is a desirable trait.
- Innovative spirit — Since businesses are always looking for something new, Fresh Ideas and having the confidence to share them can help company. New graduates are known to bring fresh ideas and spirit.
- Shows Initiative — Self starters keep an eye out for projects and tasks that need to be done. Whenever needed, these employees jump on tasks and take control
- Ability to work with teams — Since many jobs require teamwork employees need to be able to combine skill, knowledge and traits of their own and of others. This is key for professional readiness.
Overall, attracting talented employees can seem like a long, difficult task. But as long as you know make your company stand out and find professional employees with successful character traits, you are set to attract better talent. Ultimately, this will help you find qualified employees to make your company achieve greatness!